This copyrighted work may not be archived, re-published, "re-hosted" or otherwise pirated, without the written permission of its sole legal owner, Donald D. Markstein.
The above statement, which comes directly from the sole legal owner of Don Markstein's Toonopedia, has the force of law. However, since thieves do not respect the law, it would be foolish to expect compliance on that basis alone. For that reason, this policy is issued, regarding any and all unauthorized re-publication of this material.
By making a copy, by any means, of all or any portion of Don Markstein's Toonopedia, you agree to the following terms:
- The word "page" is defined as the content, or any portion thereof, of any single HTML document within the domain "toonopedia.com".
- Re-publication of this material in any permanent, physical form (e.g., print, CD-ROM, etc.) will be paid for at a rate of one thousand dollars ($1,000) per page.
- Re-publication of this material on the Internet will be paid for at a rate of ten dollars ($10) per page, for each day the material is posted.
- Re-publication of this material in any other form, e.g., in media not yet invented, will be paid for at a similar rate, to be determined if/when it actually happens.
- Storage of this material on a single disk, by an individual, for his/her sole use, is also frowned on, but will not be pursued as long as the material remains in use solely by that individual. Making a single copy for another individual will be considered re-publication.
- Storage of this material by a corporation, government agency, or any other institution will be considered re-publication if more than one individual has access to it.
- These charges go into effect at the moment of re-publication. An invoice for past use will be submitted when the owner of the material catches you, and must be paid within 30 days.
- These charges apply to all acts of re-publishing Don Markstein's Toonopedia, not just to those committed after these terms are posted. Any unauthorized copying of any portion of the site renders the re-publisher liable for all prior re-publications.
- Linking is by no means to be considered re-publication. Linking simply means sending people here, and getting people to come here is what the site is for. Re-publication means putting the information elsewhere than here.
- Should the owner of this material fail to catch a re-publisher, that fact does not absolve other re-publishers, whom the owner does catch, of responsibility to pay for their own unauthorized use.
- If you don't like these prices, make other arrangements (firstname.lastname@example.org) — but do so before re-publishing the material.
- These terms will be enforced both mercilessly and relentlessly, by all legal means, without regard to the unauthorized re-publisher's location, intent, standing as a governmental or academic institution, or ability to pay.
Permission is hereby granted for the re-publication or adaptation of this one page, to any copyright owner wishing to help stop Internet pilferage.
If this site is enjoyable or useful to you,
Please contribute to its necessary financial support.
Amazon.com or PayPal
BACK to Don Markstein's Toonopedia Home Page
Today in Toons: Every day's an anniversary!
Purchase Toon-related Merchandise Online